Although it is the responsibility of the customer to perform Microsoft® updates, Agilysys is committed to ensuring InfoGenesis® software resides on secure Microsoft platforms. Microsoft typically releases security patches the second Tuesday of each month. To protect our customers and their systems, when these security patches are released by Microsoft, Agilysys evaluates the effect they have on the different InfoGenesis platforms. Agilysys begins checking the security patches using Windows® Update to make sure it has no adverse effects on InfoGenesis software. Testing is performed against recently released versions of InfoGenesis software. Our goal is to complete the patch testing 48 hours after the monthly release from Microsoft.
Testing is performed on standard InfoGenesis POS systems. This does not include software not installed by the InfoGenesis installation program.
- Testing has been completed through September 2016.
- Microsoft SQL Server® 2008 R2 Service Pack 3 has been tested for use on both single server and remote database servers
- For POS Terminal Operating Systems:
- Microsoft XPe is based on Microsoft XP Professional Service Pack 1
- Microsoft WEPOS is based on Microsoft XP Professional Service Pack 2 (updated WEPOS images with Service Pack 3 are available from InfoGenesis)
- Microsoft POSReady 2009 is based on Microsoft XP Professional Service Pack 3.
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 cannot be applied to Windows Embedded for Point of Service (WEPOS).
For more details regarding Service Pack 3 visit: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949388
Solution: Reimage terminal using the current POS Terminal image which includes Service Pack 3.
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (KB951847) may not install on some IBM SurePOS™ POS Terminals.
For more information on Microsoft security patches click here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/bulletin/
Microsoft no longer distributes patches for older Operating Systems. Please refer to Microsoft Support Lifecycle web site for more information. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/products/lifecycle