InfoGenesis® Flex Series 3 Tablets, Built Specifically for Enterprise Customers, Offer Full Functionality, Fast Performance, Uncomplicated Deployment
AGILYSYS INSPIRE, LAS VEGAS — Feb. 23, 2016 — Agilysys, Inc. (Nasdaq: AGYS), a leading global provider of next-generation hospitality software solutions and services, today announced availability of the InfoGenesis® Flex Series 3 tablets, a groundbreaking new POS mobile solution built specifically for its enterprise customers to help them increase revenue, improve wait staff efficiency, and deliver a superior guest experience.
Designed for use with InfoGenesis point-of-sale software, the 8” and 10” tablets are the first in the industry to use true commercial-grade components and the Windows 8.1 Embedded Industry Pro (64-bit) operating system. They offer full functionality and faster performance than many stationary POS terminals on the market and are delivered with Windows updates and InfoGenesis preinstalled, ensuring uncomplicated deployment and a compelling user experience right out of the box.
The InfoGenesis Flex Series 3 tablet enables Agilysys casino, hotel, resort, cruise and restaurant customers to offer order and payment options to guests anywhere on property, such as poolside, casino floors, outdoor decks, and food and beverage carts. The result is increased wallet share and enhanced guest satisfaction, as wait staff are more available to guests. Additionally, as servers make more meaningful connections with guests, they reinforce the brand and increase loyalty.
Features of the InfoGenesis Flex Series 3 tablet include:
- Bright easy-to-read screens, with a 160-degree viewing angle for 8.3” screens and a 170-degree viewing angle for 10.1” screens and 800:1 contrast ratio
- 33% longer battery life to keep staff productive, even when Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled
- Improved Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity via a specialized antenna to reduce dropped signals and lost revenue
- Ability to withstand a wide range of operating temperatures — from 14° F to 122° F — so staff can keep serving, regardless of the weather
- Resistance to spills, splashes and light rain at poolside and other outdoor venues, reducing outages and replacement expense
- Durable construction that enables tablets to withstand 5.9-foot drops (with available protective case) and up to 3.3-foot drops, even without a case, combined with highly durable Gorilla Glass 3 screens that resist cracks and scratches
- Ability to integrate with most existing peripherals
- Integrated magnetic stripe reader (MSR) and protective case
“The InfoGenesis Flex Series 3 tablet solutions are built for service from the ground up for the most challenging mobile POS environments,” said Jim Walker, senior vice president of global revenue at Agilysys. “Our rugged, weather-resistant mobility solution enables properties to generate new demand and uncover new revenue streams by serving customers in previously underserved areas; and, in the process, create lasting connections with guests. This groundbreaking solution delivers more industry-changing innovation from Agilysys and reinforces our commitment to bringing state-of-the-art POS mobility solutions to market.”
Agilysys is a leading technology company that provides innovative point-of-sale, property management, inventory and procurement, workforce management, analytics, document management and mobile and wireless solutions and services to the hospitality industry. The company's solutions and services allow property managers to better connect, interact and transact with their customers by streamlining operations, improving efficiency, increasing guest recruitment and wallet share, and enhancing the guest experience. Agilysys serves four major market sectors: Gaming, both corporate and tribal; Hotels, Resorts and Cruise; Foodservice Management; and Restaurants, Universities, Stadia and Healthcare. A significant portion of the company's consolidated revenue is derived from contract support, maintenance and subscription services. Agilysys operates throughout North America, Europe and Asia, with corporate services located in Alpharetta, GA, and offices in Singapore, Hong Kong and Malaysia. For more information, visit www.agilysys.com.
# # #
Robert Shecterle, Agilysys, Inc., 770-810-6046, Robert.Shecterle@agilysys.com
Richard Land, Norberto Aja or Jim Leahy, JCIR, 212-835-8500, email@example.com