Optimizing food & beverage operations and profitability demands a flexible, enterprise-class point-of-sale system. Is yours up to the task?Go
From an individual location to an enterprise chain, get the most modern, mobile solution for managing your hospitality businessGo
Designed to optimize foodservice and retail inventory and procurement operations for hotels, resorts, universities, restaurants and others.Go
Hospitality businesses are global, 24/7 operations with complex technology demands. You don’t have to go it alone.Go
Whether you operate a single boutique location or a large hotel chain, there’s an Agilysys hotel solution for you.Go
Whether you operate a single boutique location or a large complex resort, your property is a unique operation that requires robust solutions supported by an experienced technology partnerGo
You’re more than a gaming operation. You’re a full-service casino resort property and success isn’t about playing the odds, it’s about making the most of every revenue opportunity.Go
A leader in casino hospitality management solutions who respects the sovereignty of your nation.Go
Smooth seas ahead: technology solutions from Agilysys, a leader in cruise management systems.Go
Delight students, visitors & faculty, Retain staff, Grow marginsGo
Delight residents & visitors, Retain staff, Grow marginsGo
End-to-end foodservice management software solutions for optimum productivity and profitability.Go
Innovative F&B and retail POS solutions – so you can deliver the optimal fan experience.Go
A Recipe for Success. Seamless Technology for Restaurant Management.Go
Access our library and read about the latest in emerging technology and other hospitality trends. Find tips and insights on accelerating business growth and improving guest satisfaction.Go
Learn why so many businesses, small and large, partner with Agilysys for their hospitality technology needs.Go
Watch and learn what Agilysys customers have to say about their experiences with our solutions.Go
An in-depth collection of product information and datasheets. Read about the latest in hospitality technology features designed to solve the challenges faced by hospitality professionals around the globe.Go
Hear from industry professionals about the latest advancements, including tips and tricks, in hospitality and emerging technologies. Check out the library of demo videos and webinar recordings.Go
Watch and learn about the latest in successful technology trends and hear from hospitality professionals in this selection of interactive videos.Go
Important research and studies from across the hospitality industry. Find out what thought leaders are saying.Go
Find out how to engage with the Agilysys Support team.Go
See what Microsoft products and versions are currently support by Agilysys.Go
Find our EFT payment information.Go
Submit your Return Merchandise Authorization request.Go
Place supply orders for the most commonly required items.Go
Mar 10, 2017
Is a cloud-based POS or PMS right for your business? Every application has its own unique cloud migration path. And every business will have its own access needs and workflow requirements. There isn’t a “one size fits all” approach when it comes to moving systems above property. Here are a few guidelines to consider before embarking on a cloud migration project.
1. Thoroughly research your own requirements before migrating. It's important to carefully study your existing IT infrastructure, needs and usage to determine if cloud migration is right for your operation. Assess which solutions are best suited to a cloud environment, as not all of them should migrate. There are some, including POS and PMS, that perform better in the cloud. It’s important to fine-tune the list of apps that should make the migration to achieve optimal cloud performance.
2. Security is paramount. Ask you prospective cloud service provider to clearly define the security services it will deliver. These details should be explained thoroughly in a SLA (Services Level Agreement). Making your expectations known to ensure the provider knows how they’re being measured and exactly what’s expected.
3. Consider either hiring in-house technical talent or a third-party to provide guidance and make sure the contract with the cloud provider includes indemnification to protect the business, guests and investors. A provider with multi-layered security protocols provides more failsafe measures that enhance the overall security of the business and your customers. While we can’t reasonably expect to off-load compliance and governance responsibilities to a cloud service provider, the good news is most reputable cloud-based solutions use powerful encryptions that can’t easily be overcome by hackers.
4. A typical error made by those who have already migrated to the cloud? Not leveraging in-house IT staff, who can complement the cloud providers’ team of experts and ensure operators have sufficient data management and control, allowing you to maximize cloud ROI. In-house staff have knowledge about how the business operates and cloud-based solutions free them up to better focus on technologies that are driving revenue and improving guest service.
5. Another common mistake is getting rid of old hardware too quickly. After migrating to the cloud, used IT hardware still has value. Consider a hardware exchange to recoup some IT budget.
The future holds great technology innovations that will have a beneficial effect on the hospitality industry and options abound for operators to choose the best technology for their unique business needs. We’re just beginning to harness the advantages of cloud-based POS and PMS, and in doing so gaining the power to respond quickly to guest requests, safeguard confidential data and even add a layer of protection against hackers and ransom attacks.